Diabetes stems from the body’s inability to produce insulin through the pancreas. Insulin is an important component that is produced in our bodies to balance blood sugar levels. It is a chronic disease that can also give rise to other health conditions like cardiovascular disease, blurry vision, fatigue, etc.
There are two types of Diabetes:
Type 1 diabetes is more prevalent among children where their body does not produce any amounts of insulin. In this type of diabetes, the receptive cells which are responsible for insulin productions are destroyed by the body’s immune system.
Type 2 diabetes is more common than Type 1 diabetes. In this case, the body produces little to a negligible amount of insulin. However, it is not regulated properly.
Now, let us take a look at what our health experts at Bridge Pharmacy have to say about diabetes!
Here are some of the most common symptoms that exist in patients with diabetes:
- Frequent need to urinate, especially during the nighttime
- Extreme thirst
- Blurry Vision
- Significant Weight Loss or Gain
- Acanthosis Nigricans
- Hunger and Fatigue
- Yeast Infections
- Numbness or pain in legs
- Slow-healing cuts and sores
How Can You Treat Diabetes?
Treatment for diabetes generally revolves around all things insulin. You can either use an inhaler, needle, pump, pen, injection or a jet injector to push insulin into your body.
- While patients with Type 1 diabetes need regular dosage of insulin, Type 2 diabetic patients can control their blood sugar level by making changes to their diet and lifestyle.
- Medication besides taking insulin may also help to control the effects of diabetes.
We Can Help
At Bridge Pharmacy, diabetic patients can purchase liquid medications like Metformin and Pioglitazone to help manage their blood sugar and insulin levels a lot better. You can place your orders on our official website.